Chic Cape Illustrations

Sunday, October 17, 2010
A chill has officially hit the New York air and its given me the itch to find the perfect fall cape. I was hopping around online, searching my go-to online stores for the right one for me. After an hour or so I decided to give it a rest and catch up on some of my favorite blogs. . .So what do I see on the very first blog I click on, Garance Dore, but this uber charming and chic capped sketch! I've gushed over Garance in the past (here), but I felt like I had to share this story with you and repost her capped sketch along with one of mine. I love it when things like this happen!
Nearly two years ago after a trip to Iceland, inspired by all the caped Icelandic girls I spotted, I drew Dylan here. She's been up in my Etsy shop for a while, and is one of my personal favorites. (She was also the illustration I chose for my very first Fabulous Doodles post.)