New to my shop: Marie Antoinettes

Tuesday, April 13, 2010
I've added new illustrations to my shop inspired by the young and fashionable French queen. Because my "Marie Loves Fashion" print has been popular (you can see her here) and customers have consistently emailed me asking for more costume and period inspired prints, I've decided to turn Marie into a little series. Here you have Marie II and Marie III.
So much of my freelance work is illustrating bridal gowns, which obviously lack pattern and color. Whenever I illustrate something like this with bold patterns in saturated colors, it reminds me of how much I enjoy fabric rendering in the illustration process. (Actually back in college I was hired to tutor other students in fabric rendering.) I hope you like these fancy new additions to my shop.