Brave's Merida Inspired by Fashion Illustration?

Thursday, November 15, 2012
My favorite fashion illustration, Vogue seems to have found her celebrity look-a-like in Brave's Princess Merida, the latest creation to come from the Disney Imagineers and Pixar. From the first time I saw a promo for Brave I though she was a dead on doppelgänger of my loved sketch. Perhaps one of the Imagineers was inspired by my work!? (A girl can dream.) Vogue with her wild curly hair and big blue eyes has always been dear to me. She's actually the very first illustration I drew to open my Etsy shop with back in 2007 and the only fashion illustration of mine I have framed and hung in my home. 

Today Brave is being released on blu-ray and dvd, and I just may have to pick up a copy or rent it as I can't resist a Disney Princess. Up until now The Little Mermaid's Ariel has always been my favorite but who knows maybe after seeing Brave it will be Merida. Who's your favorite Disney Princess? 

(Still shot from Brave by Disney/Pixar, and illustration by Brooke Hagel)