W Happenings

Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Like most New Yorkers, I typically steer clear of Times Square but last week I headed there for a breakfast with fellow fashion and style bloggers (which I'll tell you more about in a future post.) While mingling and handing out my business cards someone told me about a fashion illustration exhibit just across the street in the Living Room of the W Hotel.
"W Happenings Presents Drawing Inspiration: Ladies of the Night" is fabulous series of fashion illustration paintings featuring faculty and students of the Fashion Institute of Technology. (Which just so happens to be my alma mater.)
The first piece I spotted I immeadiately identified as the work of Steven Stipelman, who I've featured here a few times. (Here and here) Stipelman works in a distinctive painterly style and his fashion illustrations ooze elegant sophistication.

In addition to Stipelman, there were many other fashion illustrators exhibited. I absolutely fell in love with the drippy technique and style of the first two pieces shown at the top of this post by Meagan Morrison.

Drawing Inspiration: Ladies of the Night will remain on display through May 3, 2011. I highly suggest stopping by, maybe even grab a drink at the bar and soak up the fashion illustration fabulousness.