Hair Illustrations; Blo Me Dry

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My second big surprise of the week came via my FedEx man, who delivered this fabulous fuchsia book to me. A little while back I was commissioned by Blo Me Dry to illustrate their new hair menu. It was a fun project to work on since I was working from descriptions such as "Monroe at her heartbreaking best. A must-do for cocktails or an expresso-induced shopping spree."

The project was rushed, I only had one day before they went to print, but they were really happy with how the sketches came out. I asked for a copy of the final menu and was expecting a pamphlet or two so when this hard covered book arrived I was a little shocked! You can see all seven of the illustrations on the hair menu page of the Blo Me Dry site.
The salons looks uber-chic, you know I already love the hair menu and they offer services like "blo on the go" where a stylish blow-out comes to your doorstep. At the moment the chain of blow dry bars are only located in Canada and Cali but I'm assured that once Blo Me Dry hits NYC I'll get the hair hook-up!