Holiday Girls

Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Last summer I was hired to create illustrations for holiday cards (here's my Christmas in July post) and now that spring is just around the corner what better time to make some more, right? (hehe) The same company hired me again to draw a few more holiday themed illustrations to complete the set.
This time I not only created the illustrations but came up with the concepts as well. The idea behind the first one (top of post) was a girl posing with her fashionable snowman, and the second one (above) is a girl tangled in vintage lights. With a big skirt and star on her headband her silhouette is meant to mimic a tree.
The third (above) is a girl excitedly showing off her craft skills while preparing for her guests to arrive. My festive ladies are being presented to a few major department stores but nothing is set yet. I'll be sure and let you know where and when they land.