Tell me about it, stud.

Thursday, September 24, 2009
I'm not normally a trendoid, but I'm so loving that the biker look is in now. I've always loved strong juxtaposition in fashion, especially when mixing ultra feminine soft pieces with hard edgy ones. A few years ago I found a distressed white leather collar covered in silver pyramid studs in a thrift store in Notting Hill, London. I had to have it, although when buying it I didn't know what I would do with it. I don't have a dog, and I'm not exactly the downtown punk type! When I got home I found the perfect place for it; around the neck of my favorite big brown teddy bear. So redic, I know, but I love that he's this big soft and cuddly bear wearing a hard leather studded collar. (I would take a picture to share with you but my camera broke 2 days ago, so I had to send it out.) Anyway, that being said, tonight I decided to draw this girl wearing a chunky knit scarf paired with a stud detail top.
I've recently been thinking about adding some backgrounds to my work, so I tried it out here. I drew a studded pattern and photoshopped it on in there. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, if I'll add it my etsy shop or not, but I thought I'd share it here and maybe get some feedback from you. Background, yay or or nay? If you do decide to leave feedback, how about taking a stab at where this post title comes from too! ;)